Glass of cold milk not included.
Who doesn't remember these classic cookies with a criss-cross fork print on top? Each bag of our Gluten Free Cookie Baking Mix starts with our handcrafted gluten-free flour blend that yields unexpectedly tender cookies.
Our Gluten Free Cookie Baking Mix is simple to use and is super versatile, too. Just add in your favorite mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or toffee bits to create your own custom cookie creations.
With our Gluten-Free Cookie Mix its easy to make these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies:
- Place butter, peanut butter and egg in mixer and beat together.
- Add Gluten-Free Cookie Baking Mix.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix together well. Let batter rest for 5 minutes and beat again to hydrate batter.
- Scoop out batter into cookies. Flatten with palm of hand and place a criss-cross pattern made with a fork on the top. Top with sanding sugar (optional).
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
Convert these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies to meet your speciality diet needs:
To make VEGAN or DAIRY FREE
- Swap out buttermilk with unsweetened oat, coconut or almond milk
- Swap out butter with canola oil.
- In place of the eggs, add 1 tsp. soda to the batter with 1 T. vinegar on top of it
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
A classic peanut butter cookie made with our Vintage Baked Modern gluten free cookie baking mix. We provide you, the home baker, with easy to follow directions with a variety of ingredient substitutions for what you may have on hand. Our gluten free baking mix yields a light, tender texture unlike other conventional gluten free baked goods. So bake up a batch of this classic recipe to satisfy that sweet craving!
Gluten Free Cookie Baking Mix
½ c. butter (room temp)
½ c. peanut butter
1 T. buttermilk, sour cream, or cream
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. cinnamon (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place butter, peanut butter, and egg in mixer with paddle attachment and mix together.
Add in bag of baking mix and additional ingredients.
Mix well and let batter rest 5 minutes to hydrate the flour. Mix again.
Scoop batter onto baking sheet and press a fork in a criss-cross direction and sprinkle course sanding sugar (optional) on top before baking.
Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
- Be sure to use room temp unsalted butter. Use your favorite creamy peanut butter or crunchy for added texture.
- I prefer to use buttermilk as it yields a light, tender crumb. If you don't have buttermilk on hand, you can easily make it by placing 1 T. of vinegar into a liquid measuring cup and add milk up to make it 1 c.
- Be sure to letter the batter rest. Hydrating the gluten free flour is an important step in gluten free baking to help eliminate grittiness. You can make the cookie batter ahead of time and place in the fridge and scoop batter when needed.